- Massachusetts State House
24 Beacon St, Boston, MA 01233
- Beacon Hill, Boston
- Saturday, May, 30, 2015
On February 7, 2014 The Online Continuing Education & Certificate Program with the BAC was officially launched with the leadership of the National ICAA Headquarters and with the assistance of Sheldon Richard Kostelecky, our Chapter Executive Vice President of Education. The first class will be taught by our energetic and enthusiastic colleague Southern California Chapter President Erik Evens, AIA. See below for calendar details:
- February, 2014: Design Talks with Aaron Helfand & John Tittmann @ the Boston Architectural College (BAC). (Reschedule date pending weather)
- March 24 - May 4, 2014: BAC/ICAA Online Teaching Course: Introduction to Classical Architecture with Southern California ICAA Chapter President Erik Evens, AIA.
- March 26, 2014: Build It Right Once, Panel Discussion with the ICAA/NE President John P. Margolis, AIA at the Boston Design Center.
- March 29, 2014: Sketch & Guided Tour of the Museum of Fine Arts (MFA)
- March 31 - May 10, 2014: BAC/ICAA Online Teaching Course: Understanding the Classical Orders & Moldings.
- April 7 - May 17, 2014: BAC/ICAA Online Teaching Course: History of Western Classical Architecture
- April 28 - May 17, 2014: BAC/ICAA Online Teaching Course: Theory of Proportion.
Join the ICAA New England chapter in recognizing contemporary excellence in New England classical and traditional design as we celebrate the Sixth Annual Bulfinch Awards named in honor of Charles Bulfinch, the Boston architect who played a key role in introducing neoclassicism to America in the late 18th century.
Further details TBA. Date to be confirmed.
Author Ann Sussman will discuss her recent book
Cognitive Architecture, written with Justin B. Hollander, which reveals the subconscious tendencies at work when we navigate the world around us. These 'hidden' predispositions reflect our long evolutionary trip as revealed by recent research in psychology and neuroscience, and can help explain why we favor certain urban conditions and building configurations and shun others.
Ann Sussman, AIA, is an architect, artist, writer, and community organizer. With Justin Hollander, she created the Open Neighborhood Project, using art, craft and digital tools to increase public participation in planning, and earning the Commonwealth's "Gold Star Award."
Her studio is at ArtScape in the Bradford Mill, an art and business enclave in Concord, Massachusetts.
Tuesday, February 24th from 6 PM to 8:30 PM
Reception at 6 PM with hors d'oeuvres and cash bar.
- The College Club of Boston
44 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02116
- Tuesday, February, 24, 2015
- Member Price:
- Non-Member Price: